Friday 5 September 2014

'...Blind Love' Part I

Again, i am gonna choose my most favourite pieces of lyrics from one of Passenger albums, this time it's
Wide Eyes Blind Love (2009) by Passenger



And why to do that? First it's a great excuse to just sit and listen to Mike's music and then, among others, Mike is a lyrical wizard- therefore going through the lyrics is like entering a prefect wonderland.

 Side note: Mike mentioned in one interview that this album 'Wide Eyes, Blind love' is the album he is most proud of (besides 'Whispers'). I am proud of him as well, and plus I absolutely dig the title of the album :)


1. The Last Unicorn ♥


... I'll think of her and you'll think of him
...
And we'll laugh because we're so close to tears
...
And you don't fit in my arms like she would
Lying in the dark, it's understood:
We are both lost
And we won't be found
...
Cause hearts won't buy love and nor will they sell
...
We are both lost
And we won't be found
She was my compass
He was your map
...
For we know the last unicorn is dead.
This is so wonderful but I keep hoping that I won't find myself in this kind of situation.


2. What Will Become Of Us ♥

... you will pour the gasoline
And I will spark the matches
We will burn within our fire
We will burn within our flames
...
Will we lament in separate towers
Never knowing if we're brave of if we're cowards
...
Will we go alone, out on our own
Oh darling, that's what will become of us


3. I See Love

...and sing with our eyes closed
And belt out the high notes.
...
Because I see love
I se love when I close my eyes
Yeah, we'll watch the star glow
And the flames burn the wood slow
Playing games with our shadows
Till all four of our eyes close
...
And I feel love in spite of myself
And I feel love to frighten myself
And I feel love and I feel nothing else
Vultures and black crows
Perching on sign posts
Circling like ghosts
So we'll just keep our eyes closed

4. Rainbows

... a bloodstain on the snow
Looks like red wine
On the clothes of a sailor
...
And tear drop melt the snow
reveal he oil spill in the road
looks like rainbows
...
Drunk up on the sacffolding
Laughing at the ground as he falls

5. Caravan ♥

Pour the petrol can, around this caravan
and watch the flames take all you own
There's a girl that understands
Like the back of her two hands
She's all you need to know
Cause you search for years but you lose everything you find.
There's braille for the deaf and a signpost for the blind
There's heavwn for the cruel but the devil waits for the kind
...
You see her face in everyone you pass







0 comments:

Post a Comment