Saturday 16 August 2014

"Shut Up And Listen" Part II

When I decided to just sum up and choose my most favourite piece of lyrics from songs on Passenger's album Whispers, I though I am going to write just one article.
I started writing, then I went through what I had already written and realised I included 11 songs- yeah, that's the total number of songs on the CD. I guess, it's just impossible to exclude any of those. Because, even though they are diverse, each have something (for instance, song Thunder, before doing this, I was not conscious how much I like it).

I suppose, it's a treasure to own an album in which you don't have to skip songs when listening (An if so, only because you cannot wait for the next one).

I truly believe that if anybody listened to this album (I mean really listen), you would not find a living soul who would hate it- probably it would be quite the opposite. There's never been album I was more proud of, I wish I could share those songs with everyone- with everyone who would be willing to listen (if they not, they probably would not pay the proper attention). It sound really creepy, stupid, in a hyperbole- everybody loves Passenger, but some just has not found out yet.
I mean- just give him a chance- he's not just "Let Her Go" (even though, that one is wonderful).

And also, when listening to Passenger's songs, I am so grateful I ever decided to start learning English (and enjoying it :))- so I can listen to these wonders (and, hopefully, understand)



He was dark and overcast.
With long, gray hair and eyes strared
Through me like I was glass.
I asked "Where are you going to"
He said "I'm the wind I am just blowing through"
...
"Doctors told me my body won't hold me
my lungs are turning black"
Been a lucky strike's fool since I was at school and there ain't no turning back.
...
So I'm taking this bike and riding to New York
'Cause I wanna see my granddaughter one last time
Wanna hold her close and feel her tiny heart beat next to mine
Wanna see my son and the man he's become
Tell him I'm sorry for the things I've done
And I'd do it if I had to walk
...
I run just like a river run, rapid, quick and cold
...
Now my time is shorter
I wanna see my daughter
Tell her all the things I should have taught her
Riding to New York, Whisper, Passenger, 2014, writer: Michael D. Rosenberg (Passenger), Universal Music


I've got open eyes
And an open doors
But I don't know what I'm searching for
I should know by now
See I've got big old heart
That I know for sure
But I don't know what my love is for
...
You see I wait in line
So I can wait some more
...
'Cause I've light that shines
And love so pure
But I don't know what to use them for
...
Well, It's hard to find a reason, when all you have is doubts
Hard to see inside yourself when can't see your way out
Hard to find the answers when questions won't come out
Everyone's filling me up with noise
I don't know what they're talking about
...
See all I need is a whisper in a world that only shouts.
Whisper, Whisper, Passenger, 2014, writer: Michael D. Rosenberg (Passenger), Universal Music


Fear is dark but my love is a lantern
...
But my love is an island
wild and free like the hills and the highlands
...
And love is the last unicorn
And love is the only song I'll sing
Hate is a poison
Love is a remedy
...
fear is the enemy
On the dark where it creeps like a shark
in the coldest see
the deepest part
Hope is the beat in the oldest heart
A hand in a hand
In a brand new start
...
And love is the only song I'll sing
Oh, I'll sing
Till' I can sing no more
Oh, I'll sing
Till' my throat is sore
Coins In The Fountain, Whisper, Passenger, 2014, writer: Michael D. Rosenberg (Passenger), Universal Music



Who else is crazy about the song about baby turtles? :D (in an video about stories behind the lyrics "All you need to know, it's about baby turtles")... haha, it's more than that. Until I decided to write my favourite lyrics from Whisper, I didn't realize how amazing this song is. I just could not decided what parts I should choose...
All: Hey I'm...

...
I'm choice you can't choose ( :D Because "it" chooses you, apparently <3)
Thunder, Whisper, Passenger, 2014, writer: Michael D. Rosenberg (Passenger), Universal Music


 You feel like laughing, but you start to cry
...
Well, I don't have many, and I don't have much
In fact I don't have any, but I borrow, but I borrow enough
...
I'll see you somewhere before the end
I don't where and I don't know why
...
You know those love songs break you heart
...
My heart's on fire
Heart's On Fire, Whisper, Passenger, 2014, writer: Michael D. Rosenberg (Passenger), Universal Music


Sing, sing at the top of your voice
Love without fear in your heart
Fell, feel like you still have a choice
If we all light up we can scare away the dark
...
Drink ourself stupid
And work ourself dead
And all just because that's what mum and dad said we should do
...
You should hear what I'm saying and know what it means
 ...
Well, we wish we were happier, thinner and fitter
We wish we weren't losers, liars and quitters
We want something more not just nasty and bitter
...
But I bet Gangam Style will still get more views
Scare Away The Dark, Whisper, Passenger, 2014, writer: Michael D. Rosenberg (Passenger), Universal Music





0 comments:

Post a Comment